Why Work With Me
Before Hiring an Estate Planning Lawyer Understand The Difference
Many estate planning attorneys take a “one-size fits all” approach with their clients; they do this so that they can work with as many people as possible in a short period of time. The problem is that the client has impersonal experience; but worse than that, this way of planning can lead to unintended results in the long run for the family.
Consequences When Attorneys Don’t Listen
When lawyers do not take the time to listen and consider a family’s personal circumstances, the result is that your Will & Trust Documents do not end up reflecting what your family really wants to happen. And usually there is no review or updating, so the plan quickly becomes outdated and does not work when your family needs it most.
So even though you may pay less up front to get a standard set of documents (or even documents that are customized for your family), things end up much more expensive in the long run. Plus, you leave your family at risk of having to deal with an expensive, unnecessary court process during a time of tremendous grief.
I Will Listen
Murzin Law is right for you if you want to know that your plan will actually work when you and your loved ones need it most. If all you want is a set of legal documents, there are plenty of online resources you can use to create them. Or you can go to a traditional estate planning lawyer.
If what you want is to know you’ve got a plan in place that will work when your family needs it, and keep the people you love out of court, and out of conflict, and your assets out of the hands of the government, then we might be the right fit for you.
Here are Some of the Ways We Are Different From Most Other Estate Planning Lawyers
- All of my fees are fixed fees agreed to in advance, so there are no surprises. At our initial meeting you will choose the level of planning and fee that works best for your family, so there will never be any surprises.
- I keep you informed and make sure your plan works. I don’t just prepare a set of legal documents for you and send you on your way. I make sure your assets are owned in the right way, we make sure your kids’ well-being is properly planned for, we ensure everyone you’ve named in your plan knows what to do if anything happens to you. And, I make sure that none of your assets become part of the $58 Billion of unclaimed assets across the United States.
- I offer to review your plan at least every 3 years and annually through our Family Wealth VIP Membership program. This approach fosters a lifetime, ongoing relationship with my clients. Throughout your life, things change. You change; your assets change; your family changes; the law will definitely change. When planning with me, your plan will keep up with those changes.
- I help you get your legal and financial house in order by helping you make smart choices about things like buying insurance, saving for college, and retirement planning so you never spend more than you have to or get taken advantage of by unscrupulous sales people.
- I believe that planning is about much more than just the transfer of your financial wealth. With all of our plans, we include a process to help you transfer your most important personal wealth to your loved ones, including your intellectual, spiritual and human assets called Legacy Planning which is about who you are and what’s important to you.
Before you engage an estate planning lawyer to help you plan for the well‐being of your money, your family and your life, there are questions you need to ask. You need to ensure that the estate plan you put in place will really work when your family needs it and won’t end up just a pile of worthless paper after you are gone.
Don’t let a set of legal documents become false security that keeps you from doing what’s best for your loved ones. Click here to make an appointment with me to review your existing estate plan, make an initial consult with me or attend one of my upcoming workshops and ask questions, or call my office at (908) 377-8060. Let me help you get started!